Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #55

Good evening! Sorry for the long silence. I took a little trip up to Portland, Oregon to do some wedding dress shopping with my sister. She's getting married this summer and the shopping had to be done as soon as possible... Which was this last weekend.

What a blast the weekend was! It was so incredible to be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime experience. My mom and Sue (mom-in-law) were also there for the shopping. We actually found her dress at the first store, but did the dutiful other store shopping just to make sure she had really found "the one." It's gorgeous and I so wish I could post a picture! Let's just say it is absolutely perfect for my sister. :)

I've so missed my stamping! I haven't made a card in almost a week. Sitting at the Delong's house in Washington yesterday, I promised myself I would make one today. Thank goodness there were tons of inspiration launching points out there just waiting for me! I began with a fun color challenge from Nichole Heady over on her Papertrey Ink blog. I chose her color combo as it really struck me as visually interesting, a challenge, but doable. hehe I think I'm definitely going to play around with this one a bit more! I love the richness of it!
Secondly, I headed on over to Karen Giron's blog to check out this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch. Love it! And so perfect for a color challenge. Just the right amount of panels. Since this was a PTI challenge, I pulled out some PTI stamps (yes, more button bits!), and stamped away. The polka dots and raspberry leaves were done using Versamark.

Thanks so much for stopping by and putting up with my mini vacation!
Supplies- Stamps- PTI: Turning a New Leaf, Polka Dot Basics, Blooming Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Scarlett Jewel, Raspberry Fizz, Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate, Very Vanilla
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp
Accessories- ribbon, buttons, nestabilities, dimensionals, EK Success edge punch

7 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Kristina :D Great use of the colours and the stamps. Missed seeing your cards.

    Glad the wedding dress shopping went well. Glad you were able to be a part of it. Special moments and special memories :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exquisite and elegant card! You had absolutely all the details down. Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I love those colors together, but that's the combination that's proving to be the most challenging for me. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, oh, oh, WOW!LOVE this colour combo and the polka dots!! I haven't used this stamp in the set yet...so you are inspiring me again!! LOL I've been able to do a few cards, but totally missed out last week as it was the dh's birthday :) I have more luck winning Verve!! ;) I knew you would have fun dress shopping...they are all so beautiful...a good friend that came with me and 2 of my sisters put a "joke" one in the dressing room...it was like a Carmen Miranda dress - very Spanish and poofy. Can't wait to see wedding photos in the summer. Do you get all of next week off? or do only some States do that? I know my brother's kids in Washington get it off (Bellevue). My class saw "President's Day" on our calendar so I had to explain that that was in the States, we have a Prime Minister...they were disappointed they didn't get a day off :( Me too!! LOL Yup! Where is this month going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, welcome back to stamping! I am in love with this card and that PTI set is too cute!! Loving the colors and the extra little embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! This is just so amazing, with the background stamps and the main leaf image and the lovely buttons! Just delightful! Love the rich colour combo too!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete