Friday, April 29, 2011

Mojo Monday

Good evening! It's been a long day, but a good one. This morning was our all-school Spring Sing. It's basically a huge musical production sung and performed by the whole school. There were medlies, speaking parts, grade-level songs, hand motions.... But the kids were amazing! And it was definitely a packed house. Our stage is outdoors at school, and it was the perfect weather EVER for this show! Mid-60s in the morning. Sun shining. I wish it was like this everyday!

I was intrigued by this week's Mojo Monday sketch, as it had not only one, but two circles in it! Crazy! I decided to ignore the shivers that ran through me and conquer it. I had some Royal Velvet cardstock sitting on my desk and decided to run with it. I made a few little paper flowers using my MS flower punch (this is totally a Marisa-inspired card!), and pulled out some brads that had been gathering dusk in the back of my cabinet.

This evening, the roomie and I are going to sit and watch our DVR'd royal wedding ceremony! I'm not one of those people obsessed with the royal family, but I couldn't help but catch some of the royal wedding bug going around. It's so fun to have something fun and positive for the world to focus on. And I'm really looking forward to seeing her dress. I only got a quick peek at it this morning before work.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps- Verve: Thankful Hearts
Paper- Royal Velvet, Ripe Avocado, Vintage Rustic Cream, Pacific Vineyard dp
Ink- Elegant Eggplant
Accessories- ribbon, pearls, nestabilities, MS flower punch, brads, scallop edge punch

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the colours you used on this card and the DPs are fabulous too. All those dots are making me swoon LOL! Great work on the flowers and thanks for the inspiration shout out :) You have aced this circle within a circle card - it's gorgeous.

    Watched the PVRd wedding with my daughter last night. Loved her dress - so nice to see sleeves for a change! She is so elegant and it was lovely to see how William was looking out for her when he grabbed her hand under the tunnel while they were on the carriage ride to Buckingham Palace. Had thoughts of Diana as I watched as I saw her wedding and sincerely hope this one goes the distance as they truly seem to care for each other. Hope you enjoyed watching it :)

    ReplyDelete