Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #115

Good evening! It's a cooker down here in So Cal today. We were in the low 90s for a big chunk of the day. I'm just waiting a little bit longer before I open up all the windows to let the cool evening air into the house. Sheesh! It's like summer already. And we all know just how much I love the heat. Ugh.


I had a little time to play with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch this afternoon, and the color scheme was just slightly inspired by the weather outside. I used some Cosmo Cricket Modern Homemaker dp along with some PTI stamps on this bright card. I masked half of the flower stems so that I could stamp them the image 1 1/2 times in the rectangle. A few buttons to match the striped dp (check out that red rippled one! Isn't it amazing!), some light green jewels, and a little circle sentiment finished it off. And surprise, surprise... It's a thank you card! Lol!

Hope you are a tad cooler than I am at the moment! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Everyday Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Pure Poppy, Whisper White, Cosmo Cricket Modern Homemaker dp
Ink- Garden Green, Pure Poppy
Accessories- twine, buttons, jewels, circle punches, dimensionals, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, another Kristina card :) Darling button flowers and use of Karen's sketch. I would gladly take some of your heat - we have had 6 months of rain and I am SO sick of it! Finally got some sunshine last week, but it was still cold out (50F). Spring has not arrived yet and I doubt it will at this rate. Heard this is the wettest Spring in 75 years - ya think LOL! Listen to me complaining - sorry! Hope you are feeling better today (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete