Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stamaholics Anonymous

What a crazy-filled few days! I have yet to have stamping time (maybe tonight!), but I've not been out of the stamping loop.

First, on Thursday I did the quick 20 minute drive over to Monrovia and a little scrapbook store that was hosting a class taught by Taylor Vanbruggen. We made some Christmas cards all using her newest set release. And the paper was so fun! Some nice, nontraditional Christmas colors. I even gussied up and asked to take a picture with her. Can I just say that Taylor dwarfs me and had to squat down, lol. Not to hard to believe... I am slightly vertically challenged. And she was wearing heals! :)

Then, on Saturday, the Scrapbook Convention came through Ontario! LOVE it! My cousin just happens to work at the Ontario Convention Center and oversee parking, so he scored a friend and myself free tickets and parking! Can you say "more money to spend inside?!" I mostly bought some new papers and a few new nesties to try out. I can't wait to break them all in!

In other thrilling news, my roommate and I felt all manly today! We installed vertical blinds all by our little 'ole selves WHILE watching football! Go us! Only two more windows to go!

Well, I'm off to bake some cookies for dessert at my cousin's house tomorrow and for book club immediately following. I feel like a bad book club member this month. With all the moving, unpacking, installing, assembling, etc. that have taken place this month, I'm not even halfway through the book! Eek! Hopefully they will forgive me. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Oh!! How exciting!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!! You need to post some of your goodies!! Great photo with Taylor...she looks like a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete