Friday, October 30, 2009

Viva la Verve!

All right. Here's an only card that never got posted. It's a Viva la Verve challenge, and Amber's twist that week was to use absolutely no orange or brown on our cards. Apparently, she was a little overwhelmed by fall colors. :)

I pulled out my Urban Garden dp and got to work. I kept the whole card pretty simple over all, adding a few green brads for the little circles. I'm not sure why the colors came out a little weird on the computer... oh well.

I officially survived my first week back at school/work after surviving the swine flu. It felt so nice to be back into a normal routine and see my kiddos every day. Even the little munchkins.... And I have now officially survived the crazy Halloween celebration. I tell ya, this week is one of the worst every year. The kids started out great at the beginning of the week, but behavior starts to take a serious dive the close to Halloween it gets. They just can't help themselves... They're too excited! But we successfully had our costume parade and classroom party without a hitch and I sent them out the door at 1:00 to a 3-day weekend. LOVE it!

Now for a nice relaxing weekend. I do have a few errands to run that have been on hold until I was healthy again, but other than that, the plan is to be home to hand out candy! (which I still need to go buy... oops!)

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Wishing You
Paper- Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White, Urban Garden dp
Ink- Not Quite Navy
Accessories- dimensionals, brads

1 comment:

  1. oh, I love that Urban Garden paper! Such bold images...gorgeous! Yay, Halloween week is like the week before Christmas holidays...it's so big in their lives...we had a great time at the pumpkin patch and doing our pumpkin activities the next day. Yesterday wasn't too bad, I don't do much with Halloween... a few fun activities and there were a few treats, but kept it low key:) Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete