Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #75

Hello? Anyone still out there? I've been awfully silent here on the blog for the month of June. Let me just apologize here and now before I continue any further. My only excuse is life. But it's been a great few weeks of life!

Since my last post, school finished up in a whirlwind of craziness and activity! I finished last Friday, sent my kids out the door, and finished my final checkout with the office within 30 minutes of school ending. :) I like to finish things promptly. Who wants to go back to work the next day if you don't have to?! The weekend was spent packing, cleaning, doing laundry, and hanging with my dad for Father's Day.

Monday morning I flew out to Bend, OR to join my bf in her wedding preparations. I told her I would be her slave for the week, and I think she took me literally, lol. We worked on projects, ran errands, planned, assembled from sun-up until well into the wee hours of the morning every single day. The wedding was on Friday (two days ago), and it was absolutely lovely. Heather looked stunning in her dress and everything went off without a hitch (except for the missing marriage license!!! But we found it right before the wedding started. Phew!). Pictures are most definitely still to come. I snapped a few in the days leading up to the wedding, but being the maid of honor, was a bit busy during the actual ceremony. Thank goodness some good friends were also there with their cameras. I'm just waiting for them to post their pictures so I can steal them for myself. :)

Yesterday I flew home. And, oh! How wonderful it was to sleep in my own bed once again. I have a raging cold (I looked a-maz-ing in my wedding pictures, I'm sure.... red eyes, runny nose... Oh well.), so it was great to get to sleep in a bit this morning. I literally have nothing planned today; just relaxing and recovering. Oh, and stamping. :)

It felt wonderful to sit in my little corner of our office and stamp again. I've so missed it! I jumped right back in with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch to get the mojo rolling again. Just before I left for the wedding, my new October Afternoon dp arrived on my doorstep, so it was necessary to use it on my card. :) I pulled my color scheme from the dp itself and ended up with this little beauty. I really needed to add some ribbon on here, some way, some how. But horizontal just wasn't working with me... It felt too crowded with the buttons on the bottom. So vertical it was. Please try to ignore the botched cut job at the top where the ribbon comes through.... Note to self: Use the SHARP scissors next time. Sheesh.

I hope the last few weeks have treated you well! I'm so looking forward to cruising through my blog list and catching up on all the talent out there. And I think I missed a Verve release?! Ack!! Definitely need to go check out the new stamps.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies- Stamps- Verve: Blessings
Paper- Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Whisper White, October Afternoon dp (Thrift Store)
Ink- Ocean Tides, Certainly Celery
Accessories- ribbon, buttons, dimensionals, nestabilities, tea dye stain

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home :D Yes, there is nothing better than sleeping in your own bed LOL!

    This is fabulous, Kristina :D Love the colours and how you used the sketch and flashed some Verve. The party was fun. Loved the plain janes and the Hero set has some fabulous sentiments.

    Glad my card arrived :D The border is such a crazy thing with mail. Not sure why. Think it is faster going down than coming up. Regardless, I'm glad you got it safe and sound. You are more than welcome. I listened to three sermons last Friday and continue to get filled and renewed. Now going back into some of the archives to see what I can listen to LOL!

    Just read on Maureen's blog that you didn't get a pink slip!!!! God is SO good!!! I'm doing a happy dance for you :D What a wonderful way to be able to enjoy your summer!

    Gotta run, reading Outlander and I'm hooked!!! Been up waaaaay too late for three nights in a row now and it's beginning to show...have all the series on my bookshelf and will enjoy them over the summer.

    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you have been busy! Hope you get to catch up on stamping now. ;) This card is so, so pretty!! I love the colors and the beautiful bow...and the really cute buttons!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those buttons are too adorable!!!! EEK!!! LOVE this colour combo :) I think I've almost caught up on my comments :) It's amazing how much one misses after a few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely! The colors are fantastic, and you were right to add the ribbon because it really completes the card!

    ReplyDelete