Monday, September 6, 2010

Mojo Monday & Verve Project Parade

Good afternoon! I'm back and rested on this lovely 3-day weekend. This may be the best Monday of the whole school year, lol. It was wonderful to sleep in a bit this morning, run a few quick errands, bake some banana bread (the house smells amazing!), and make a card or two. If only every Monday could be like this.


This week's Mojo Monday sketch caught my eye, and after checking it out was even more excited to remember that this week is contest week! Woohoo! I initially thought those three irregular vertical panels were a little strange, but after cutting and gluing them, I've changed my mind. I like how the one on the right is thin, etc. I decided to use a few Verve stamps on my card so that I could also play along with Verve's Project Parade. The challenge this month is "Something Old and Something New." I used some of my brand-spankin' new stamps from this last release along with some older stamps to me. Does a year old count old stamps?!

I really wanted to make a Baby Shower card for my cousin's wife whom is due is just about one month. We're having a family shower for her in about two weeks, and I've been itching to create a card for her. I think the shower gift shopping this morning tipped me over the edge. Now, unfortunately, I don't really have any Verve baby themed stamps (How in the world did THAT happen?!), so I improvised with a little "Wishing You" stampage. The inside of the card is stamped with "a lifetime of happiness." That works, right? A lifetime of happiness with the new little one... Work with me here.

I paper pieced the balloons and the little star accents. I also glittered both of the stars to give them a little bit of shine. And I did cheat a little bit... I needed to run the ribbon behind the circle instead of in front so it wouldn't cover the sentiment.

That's all for today. It's off to barbecue with the roomie. Chicken kabobs, yum! And we bought this really fun blooming onion cutter at the fair yesterday and are going to give it a try. Wish us luck! The best of luck to those of you starting back to work in the classroom tomorrow (or getting rid of kids, lol)!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Birthday Bash, Wishing You
Paper- Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, Whisper White, Pretty Pastels dp, Bitty Dots dp
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, twine, glitter, dimensionals, nestabilities, hole punch, tea dye stains

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Kristina! Love that polka dot balloon! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling use of the Mojo sketch, Kristina. Love the DPs - I really do have to get some PTI colours and DPs,e specially the ones with all the polka dots!! The balloons look wonderful and I love the one that's out of the box. Darling little star tag too.

    I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store on Wednesday after gleefully skipping home from dropping the kids off (sorry, couldn't resist LOL!) and not knowing which challenge to start with. Crazy thing is the time just flies by!! Remember thinking I would get so much done when both kids were in school for a full day - not!! Things have a way of creeping into your schedule.

    I made four loaves of banana bread yesterday in prep for the after school snack rush (love the flexibility of being able to pull it out of the freezer for snack time) and yes, it does make the house smell wonderful :) Hope there is some left for your lunch LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really like this!! The colors are great and I love the balloon coming off the nestie. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete