Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch

Good afternoon. Can you believe it? I'm actually posting. I know, I know. It's been forever! My only excuse is the tiredness induced by adjusting to the working life once more. You'd think after a few years I would get over the extreme tiredness at the beginning of the school year, but no. I've been home. I've just had literally no energy when I get home. Bed times have been embarrassingly early for one in her twenties. My bf would call me a school marm. Ah, life. But I am determined to snap out of the "beginning of the school year" funk. Time to stamp! Time to stay up past 9pm!

The school year has been wonderful so far. I love my new class! And I'm definitely enjoying the whole "hey, I remember this from last year" experience. Having everything not be new is such a relief. And I have a fabulous new teammate to work with and plan with and scheme with.... It's going to be a good year, I can just feel it.


Well, my card for you today is one I actually thought about not posting. It's the "I haven't stamped in forever and have absolutely no mojo" card. Know what I mean? I did make one card about a week ago, but gave it away before I took a picture of it! I know, fired. It was super cute, too. It went to my cousin's daughter whom just turned 8. I was totally channeling my inner third grader when I made it. Think pink and glittery. :)

This card is for today's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge over on Karen Giron's blog. As of this moment, it hasn't gone live, but she did post it over on facebook. So, being Sunday, I didn't think it would be too taboo to go ahead and post it. Karen challenged us to look back through the Sweet Sunday Sketches and choose a favorite. Well, I wouldn't say this is a favorite, exactly... (Shhh! Don't tell Karen!), but it is one that I just can't remember ever doing. So why not tackle it now? It's a good idea. Right?

I also used the colors from Maureen's WaCCky challenge. The colors were, well.... Green. Maureen, I did use Ripe Avocado. It's the buttons. I just couldn't put the RA and New Leaf together without squirming, lol. I so heart Lavender Moon. I am totally feeling the need to make a purple card now.


And, as you can see, I still have babies on the brain. I know I've said this before, but it seems like everyone I know if pregnant right now! And I learn about a new one everyday. I guess it's that season in life. Everyone got married and now the kids are coming. One of my dearest friends and college roommate just called us this morning to let us now she and her husband are pregnant. So excited for them! I can just see her husband with a little girl. He would be such a good girl daddy. Congrats C & J!

The card is pretty self-explanatory. I punched some of the corners to add a little "something," some white gel pen stitching (a sewing machine is first on my purchase list when I get paid on Friday! Woohoo!), and some saddle stitch ribbon. It feel a bit like too many patterns threw up on the card, imo. But, it's done. And I stamped.... For the first time in 2 weeks. I've got to get my feet wet somehow, lol. Tomorrow's card will be better, I promise. Well, at least it's a bit better. I think. You'll see. I'm not quite back in my groove, but heading in the right direction.

Thanks so much for hanging in there during my long silence! It's good to be back. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Bitty Baby Blessings
Paper- Whisper White, Hawaiian Shores, Pretty Pastels dp, Green Boutique dp
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, dimensionals, corner punch, white gel pen, buttons

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! A Wacccky contributor!!! You are my hot pick each time!!! LOL LOVE the bold colours...you brave girl :) Yeah, the greens through me for a loop too...snuck ripe avocado in...hehehe...cute little onsie...you see pregnant ladies everywhere and I hear all about grandchildren!!! LOL Although, I can wait for those...I tell Jake I'm too young to be a grandma!! LOL Hope things are settling down a bit...they are here, but only slightly. Got my PTI order!!! Dad was in the States at my brother's on his way back from Slovenia. Be prepared to see a lot of leaves!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!A Kristina post :) Have missed seeing your wonderful creations and reading your fun posts.

    Cute little onsie and good on you for using that sketch. If I recall correctly, I saw that one and ran LOL! Love the buttons you used.

    Hopefully things are settling down a bit and you aren't as exhausted this week. I have been on the other end of the stick LOL! I was totally wiped out by the end of summer! It was a busy one and the lack of alone time just about kills me by the end of summer. Took two weeks to get myself put back together this year. Needless to say, I blissfully enjoyed the first week of total quiet and alone time in the house and I got to stamp :)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete