Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mojo Monday

Good afternoon! I am home enjoying my first full day of Winter Break (and feeling relatively healthy for the first time in over a week)! The Christmas sugar cookies are out of the oven, sending an oh-so-delicious aroma throughout the house, and I sat down to some quality stamping time for the first time in a long time! Oh, how I've missed my stamps!


Photobucket


My card for today uses this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I love the tilted panels with the cirlce... For some crazy reason, I think they balance each other out really well. And since I've literally had no stamping time for the last few weeks, this is my first Christmas card of the season. So sad.

I pulled out some of my Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather dp from last year (I'm a dp hoarder, lol), along with my Holiday Button Bits stamp set. This may be my all-time favorite set. I just love the combo with buttons for Christmas. This little gingerbread man was begging to be stamped, and hit fit the circle oh-so-well. I colored him in a bit with my copics before adding the buttons with some brown baker's twine. I snuck a little homemade tab sentiment along the top and some red baker's twine in lieu of ribbon.

Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday. Next on my docket is going to be cuddling up with a book and a blanket. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Holiday Button Bits
Paper- Kraft, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather dp
Ink- Close to Cocoa
Accessories- baker's twin (brown and red), buttons, tea dye stains, nestabilities, dimensionals, cb embossing folder, copic marker, corner rounder punch

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, a Kristina card :) Love how you used the mojo sketch! Thought the comment about loving the skewed panels caught my non-loving skewed panel gene right between the eyes LOL! The gingerbread man is darling and you are right, the buttons are perfect! Love the bright DPs and twine you added as well. Fabulous card.

    We will be making sugar cookies some time in the next few days. Gingerbread cookie dough was made today and in the fridge to bake tomorrow. Love your second activity! I'll finally have time to read again and can't wait!!

    Keeping Jeff in my prayers. Love his honesty and how he shares from his heart. He is in my prayers and I hope they can find out what's up soon.

    ReplyDelete