Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mojo Monday on a Sunday

Ah, Mojo Monday on a Sunday. How you always motivate me to play along at the last possible second... How I scramble to finish before the ever-looming deadline. But, oh, the motivation and mojo you bring! At first glance at this week's sketch, I have to admit that I turned and ran in the other direction. Didn't even save the sketch. But, as always, the mind kept coming back to it and scheming.... Until I was forced to play along! Forced! ;)


Photobucket


I have been itching to pull out a bunch of new goodies I purchased back before Christmas (I know, I know... I don't know how I waited this long to bust out the goodies...) and this was the moment. Behold, new dp and new stamps. I have been staring at PTI's Harvest Berries set for a few months and finally was able to squeeze it into the budget. Yay! I die cut the largest cluster, stamped the image, and then trimmed off the bottom two big leaves to help the image fit the space without overwhelming the card.

Some sewing machine stitching and a whole lot of tea dye stain finished off this fairly basic card. I left it sentiment-less so that it can be used for anything. Sometimes these really are the best cards.

On a completely random note, I have been cooking up a storm here on the homefront. Last night I made these soft and chewy pretzels. You need to go make them. Now. They are a-maz-ing! I really think they are going to become a weekly treat, maybe even a twice-a-week treat. Man, oh man, they're good!

All right. Enough from me. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Harvest Berries
Ink- Kiwi Kiss
Paper- Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream, Bitty Box Basics dp, Cosmo Cricket Social Club dp
Accessories- sewing machine, tea dye stains, dimensionals, ribbon, Harvest Berries die

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card...I never would have thought to use this color combo, and it works quite well, too. I especially like the foliage that you cut out and added as a three-dimensional in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! A Kristina card :) I ran for the hills when I saw all these panels and you have mastered them superbly. Great focal image and a lovely colour combo. I'm enjoying a few b-day PTI goodies myself :) The pretzels sound delicious - enjoy some for me LOL! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card! The colours really pop and that ribbon is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cooking and baking always sounds so delicious! I want to marry you! Ah, some new goodies indeed!! LOVE harvest berries and this colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete