Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #151

Oh, Sweet Sunday Sketch, how I've missed you! The moment I saw this sketch, I knew I wanted to pull out a new stamp set (to me, at least) that I grabbed in a sale back in December. Love sales. This little beehive and bee are from Taylored Expressions's Garden Party Critters. Such a cute little set!


Photobucket

I stamped the beehive and bee with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with my copic markers. I added some stickles to the entryway, the edge of the hive, and the bees wings for a little shimmer. The bee is popped up with a tiny dimensional. The cirle image scared me a little bit since I knew the image would go in the rectable and the sentiment in the banner. What the heck was supposed to go in that circle?! All I have to say is thank goodness for buttons! I stacked a yellow and turquoise button and tied them together with some baker's twine. Note to self: Go buy more gold jewels at Michaels. I'm out! It is a travesty, really. I made my own by coloring a few clear jewels with a copic marker. Always a good solution in a pinch, but I'm now using up all of my clear jewels!

I'm out of the classroom today doing benchmark reading with my kiddos. This midyear assessment may be my favorite. It's one of the moments when you truly step back and see just how much each and every one of the kids have grown as readers since the first week of school (aka- It's one of those days where I feel like a good teacher that has actually been teaching for the last few months. And better yet, they're actually learning!). It should be a relaxing day, which is always welcome. :)

Thank so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- TE: Garden Party Critters
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper- Going Gray, Vintage Cream, October Afternoon Farmhouse dp
Accessories- baker's twine, buttons, dimensionals, stickles, copics, jewels

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the dps and the sparkly wings and hive door are a great touch. You are rocking the coloring too :) Great solution to the circle! Love the layered button. Enjoy your reading day :) I used to go into my kids' classrooms and read with the kids once a week and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina this is darling! Love your choice of colors, papers and that sweet beehive image! Very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete