Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mojo Monday

Good morning!  Three posts in a row! Woohoo!  It feels like a serious achievement after that last four months.

I had an amazing, incredible time visiting with my family yesterday.  I know that I have been incredibly blessed call my family "family."  And these particular cousins are so close, we often refer to each other as brothers and sisters.  Jeni's three kids are a crack-up and I love them to pieces! I don't know why, but they have taken to calling me Miss Kristi (this happened a few months back when I was visiting them in Texas). We explained to them that they don't have to call me that. I'm family. Their cousin.  But it stuck.  So I am now Cousin Kristi, Auntie-Cousin Kristi, and Miss Kristi to my cousins' kids.  Too fun!

Anyways, on to today's card!  I have used this week's Mojo Monday sketch with some newer dp (to me, at least). I love the blues and greens in this background dp and it was the launching point for this whole card.  It's pretty basic in set-up. I added some pearls to give it a little umph.  More tea dye staining. Lots of layers. I seem to be favoring layers lately...  Oh, and baker's twine. I'm in love with baker's twine. But I need to get me some olive green baker's twine. I only had this bright green, which I think I get away with on this card thanks to that gingham dp, but it would be even better with some olive baker's twine. I might need to get on that. Now.  As in, I'm going shopping.  Right after I finish this post. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: 
Paper- Night of Navy, Old Olive, Whisper White, Lily Bee Design- Double Dutch dp
Ink- Night of Navy
Accessories- nestabilities, baker's twine, pearls, tea dye stains, dimensionals, woodgrain impression plate (PTI)

2 comments:

  1. Hello!! So glad to see you posting again!! AND I saw your post on loving teaching...ah, I know that feeling, although this year was very hard with our job action and government legislation and bashing of teachers. We have a tentative agreement for one more year but at least we'll have some stability next year. LOVE the green and blue :) Looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the mojo sketch :) Loving the twine and all the other details you have added. Keep them coming Miss Kristi ;)

    ReplyDelete