Friday, June 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch #161

Good morning!  It's going to be a cooker outside today. I think summer has officially arrived weather-wise.  Ugh. Not happy.  I love the vacation time. Detest the hot weather. It makes me lazy and want to hide inside all day.


Though, I am off today to visit my cousin and her family today. They are in town for the weekend from Texas and I so seldom get to see them in person these days that I need to seize the opportunity!

Today's card offers a glimpse at what kind of weather I wish we were having. Cool, maybe a little rainy. In other words, I want spring back! I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for this card (oh, how I've missed playing along with her sketches!  Watching them go by eat week on facebook was painful, lol!) and pulled out some cheery dp.  I popped up the umbrella, clouds, and sentiment to give them some dimension. I also went slightly crazy with my tea dye stains. I don't think I will ever get tired of using them.

That's it for me today! I'm off to go visit and barbeque and get my fill of adorable first-cousins-once-removed.  But I go by "Auntie-Cousin Kristi."  It's a special title. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps- PTI: Mega Mixed Messages, Scattered Showers
Paper- Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Rustic Cream, My Mind's Eye- One the Bright Side dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue
Accessories- ribbon, apron lace punch, clouds die (TE), circle punches, tea dye stains, tea dye stains, jewels

1 comment:

  1. Well auntie-cousin Kristi, you did a bang up job on this card :) Can send it to me as Spring never arrived here and we are still in Juneuary! No wonder summer break snuck up on me. Enjoy your visit and glad to see you posting cards again :)

    ReplyDelete