Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

Well, at least it is white on the ground. It's not actually supposed to snow of Christmas Day.

I successfully made it home yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed the weather's deterioration as I drove farther north. About 30 minutes south of my house it started snowing! Between last night and this afternoon about 11-12 inches has fallen. I couldn't be happier! There is something magical about falling snow. Firstly, it is absolutely to simply sit and watch it fall. The way they dance down from the gray sky, floating and swirling in the light breeze. And the flakes... last night they were teenie tiny. Today, big fatty flakes. And the silence.... When it snows it is truly as if the whole world stops to simply take it in. Not a sound to be heard, anywhere. It is so... peaceful.
I spent my morning sleeping in, catching up on the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance (which I missed last week because it was so crazy busy), and decorated our minuscule Christmas tree, hehe. We usually get a big ol' honker since we have towering ceilings in the great room, but things are rather last minute this year and our tree is about 5 feet tall. :) I didn't even have to sit on my dad's shoulders to put the star on this year!

I'm off to a music rehearsal for Christmas Eve service this evening. We're going to have dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant before-hand. Soooo excited! I'm definitely requesting flour chips.

I don't have a card for you today, but I did manage to slip outside for a few minutes this morning while it was snowing really hard (2-3 inches/hour) and take a couple pictures. Enjoy some wintery wonderfulness!

Thanks for stopping by!

View off of the deck.

Looking up our street.

Looking down the street.

Through some trees in the yard.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it home safely, Kristina :D And what a wonderful welcome you got!! After our snowfall last Christmas, it is just too green this year LOL! Please drink deep of the winter wonderland beauty around you for me and enjoy the lovely silence it brings!! Have a fabulous Christmas with your family and thanks for posting the lovely pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are beautiful pictures!! Sure looks like Christmas :) Though I don't like driving in snow, I love the look of it on trees and houses :) Is this northern California or Oregon? Have fun!! I've been able to sleep in too. Usually my body wakes up automatically at 6:30 but it's been waiting until 7:30 this week :)

    ReplyDelete