Thursday, December 24, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Good morning! I'm back with the second Viva la Verve sketch for December. This sketch took me a really long time to figure out. I think I've stared at it on my desktop since it was posted! What in the world was I going to do with those perimeter panels? Should I use dp? Should I create some dp? I've even viewed the gallery to see what other people came up with, and still the inspiration alluded me.

Then the other day, I remembered I had this Basic Grey dp, and BINGO! I made several cards with the paper. I guess I was on a mission to use it all up in one sitting, lol. I knew it would come to me eventually, and thank goodness it finally did!

I decided with all the "square-ness" of the card, to use a nestie label for the middle to add something different. To create the smaller of the two, I simply trimmed on the embossed line. A little ribbon, and fini! So glad that I finally overcame that sketch, hehe.

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Thankful Accents
Paper- Rich Razzleberry, Rustic White, Basic Grey dp
Ink- Ruby Red, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories- nestabilities, ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. there is that wonderful dp again!! This is stunning!! I love the nestie label :) Well, it's cold here again...no more new snow. To get the kind of snow you have we have to head up to the ski hill here (SunPeaks). I hope you have a blessed Christmas, Kristina, and are getting in some good r & r!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is very pretty. I just love what you did with your background - so beautiful

    ReplyDelete