Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Verve Release Challenge Card #3

Good morning! It's release time for Verve, and that means 5 fun challenges to play along with this week! And even better? No projects!!! All cards. Phew! I might actually finish all five this month (never finished last month, eek!).

I'm starting off with the third of five challenges, and it just so happens to be a sketch challenge. I also went with the literal interpretation (if ya hadn't noticed...) of the sketch. I loved the colors so much that I just had to do that exact thing. Plus, it made my life a little bit more simple.

I stamped some polka dots on the aqua in white, and embossed the vertical panels with some Swiss Dots. The verse was stamped twice, once in black and the second time in Hawaiian Shores. I punched out the HS center and popped it up on dimensionals. I then went around with an orange copic marker to color in the outside circle.

Lots more Verve-y goodness to come! Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies- Stamps- Verve: 1 Peter 5:7, PTI: Polka Dot Basics
Paper- Whisper White, Hawaiian Shores, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black
Ink- Basic Black, Hawaiian Shores, Moonlight White
Accessories- ribbon, nestabilities, copic, swiss dots embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you a clever girl using the colours already set up on the sketch - why didn't I think of that! These sketches with all the panels are sending my "one creative gene" for a tailspin!

    Love what you've done here. The black makes things pop fabulously and that is such a great verse! I'm going to be trading places with you this month as my cup is full to overflowing with activities this week so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get to all of them, but then the lure of new Verve is sometimes too tempting to resist LOL!

    Looking forward to you next challenge card :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, the black really sets things off on this one...I had to laugh because I was thinking the same thing about the sketch colours, although couldn't put it together...I kept mine pretty neutral to keep it easy :) Hope your week is going well :)

    ReplyDelete