Friday, May 28, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #75

I think I had a revelation just a bit ago. When the mojo is alluding me, it's time for an obvious case! I may not have been creating for the last few weeks, but I've sure been eyeing some cards all over the blogosphere. This one, by Dawn McVey, had a color combo that completely caught my eye. I had to try!

Also enter the trusty sketch challenge... And this one is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch. That darn flower embellishment in the corner sure gave me a good work over. I made about four different flowers and didn't like a singe one of them! Another revelation. When in doubt, use a button! I love this little rounded square button I found in my Berry Sorbet stash. So perfect for some of my rounded corners!

I stamped the verse in Going Gray and then rock-n-rolled some Berry Sorbet onto the edges. The polka dots are stamped in Vintage Cream ink. This is one of those cards I wish you could see in person. A picture just doesn't do it justice. :)

It's a glorious three-day weekend for me (and many others!). The weather is supposed to be great as well. Maybe a trip to the beach or some outdoor activity is in order. I definitely plan to spend some quality time sitting outside and reading. There's some shopping to be done this weekend as well for my sister's bridal shower that I'm hosting/throwing next weekend. No rest for the wear, eh?! But I'm so excited to see my sister! I pick her up on next Friday evening at the airport. :)

Happy Memorial Weekend to my US friends! Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies- Stamps- PTI: Polka Dot Basics, Verve- 1 Cor. 15:57 PJ
Paper- Berry Sorbet, Going Gray, Very Vanilla
Ink- Going Gray, Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, dimensionals, apron lace punch

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, love that button! The rounded corners on the panels are a great touch as the polka dots are wonderful :D Greta card. Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved this colour combo too :) See it in person? Okay!!! I'm on my way!! LOL Isn't gray fun to work with? On paper, not my head!! LOL Sounds like you have another busy weekend coming up. Does that mean reports are done too already? I'm starting next weekend so I've got to make a bunch of cards pronto!!! Loved this Mercy sketch :) Thanks for all the help on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete