Thursday, May 6, 2010

Viva la Verve!

I'm dropping in for a fly-by posting. I had a few spare minutes this evening and whipped this up as quickly as possible (and in between a million interruptions!). Open House is in less than two weeks, and I have therefore been working ridiculously long hours at work for the last week, and it won't let up until Open House passes on the 20th. But my room is going to look sooo good! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Open House, hehe.

We're walking through hobby rooms this month for Viva la Verve. The rooms Amber chose for us this last week were all so cheery and bright! Just as a crafty/hobby room should be. :)

I chose the third inspiration picture. That little rectangle of material (I think?) reminded me so much of this BoBunny paper I have, and it just begged to be used up! A big, sparkly butterfly, some buttons, and some twine finished this card off. I can't wait to see what Amber has in store for us tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thank You
Paper- Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Whisper White, BoBunny dp
Ink- Pure Poppy
Accessories- twine, buttons, butterfly die, brads, scallop edge punch, jewels

3 comments:

  1. oh, I love this!!! That paper is the perfect match :) I loved this too :) Love the buttons you picked and how did you make that tag? Is the tag border a stamp? Sounds like work is very busy...it is a lot of work, but the kids sure like showing off their class and work :) My voice is very hoarse still, but I'm going in tomorrow (had today off for doctors' appointments and my voice). It's Friday, so it's a pretty low key day :) At least it was sunny today :) Have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously done as always, Kristina. Flowers and butterflies, my favorites :D Darling little tag with the bow and I love the colour combo. Got a good chuckle at the fly-by posting - just loved Mrs. Doubtfire movie and the "fly-by fruiting" comment LOL!

    Sorry to hear you week was so busy, but what a great opportunity it is for us parents to come in and see all our kiddos have been doing and working on. I always appreciate the opportunity to do so - thanks for putting so much into prepping your classroom!!

    I am all caught up on the sermons now. Just LOVED Brian's on the three chairs! Brilliant! Even sent Pastor John an e-mail telling him how much I have enjoyed, been challenge, been encouraged and filled from listening to him. You are truly blessed to be in that church! Can't wait to hear this Sunday's sermon!! THANK YOU so much for mentioning the link on your blog. I truly believe it was meant specifically for me (maybe others too, but I'm taking it as mine for now LOL!) as I am using the content of his sermons my battle for the truth to be revealed at our church. Please have your roomy give you a big hug from me, okay :D

    Have a great weekend - oops, I'm a day ahead of myself because we have a Pro D day tomorrow! I'm whacked after staying up till 1:00 a.m. for three nights finishing 300 Mother's Day cards for the stores. Definitely looking forward to some stamping and "mommy time" this weekend.

    ReplyDelete