Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Viva la Verve!

Good afternoon! I have my Viva la Verve card to share with you this afternoon. We're still walking through hobby rooms this month, and man-oh-man, did Amber have some great ones for us this week! I immediately latched onto the first inspiration picture. This blue room, and especially that rug, screamed white embossed leaves from my Turning a New Leaf stamps! The call just couldn't be denied.

I popped up the circle image from Round & Round, glittered the rim, added a bow, drew a quick frame around the blue rectangle with a white pen, and called it done. Well, I also added some jewels to the middle of the flowers. But overall, this was a quick and simple card.

It's going to be a long evening... We have a staff meeting after school today, followed by some more working in my room to prep for Open House, followed by a board meeting at the district office. The teachers are being asked to be at the meeting to show strength in numbers for our negotiations for next year (and our job security). I still don't know whether I have a job for next year or not. I learned some new information today that makes it look a little bit doubtful. It was looking like I had a little bit of hope.... Now, I'm not so sure. The best I can do is keep praying, hoping, and continue moving forward. Whether I do have a job or not is not in my hands, but in hands much bigger and much stronger than my own. It is times like these I am so glad to have my big God to lean on.

Here's hoping your Tuesday is shorter than mine! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Round & Round
Paper- Enchanted Evening, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink- Versamark, Enchanted Evening
Accessories- ribbon, jewels, white ep, white gel pen, dimensionals, medium scallop die (PTI), glitter

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Kristina. I just LOVE that PTI set (top of my wish list!) and you have used it wonderfully on this card. Darling addition of the bling to the leaves in the circle. I too picked this room for the exact same reason - loved that leaf rug (I love leaf images in general). Used a leaf in my card as well - posting it tomorrow.

    Hang in there with the busy day! Sorry to hear about the job situation....but as you said, it is wonderful to know you can lean on someone who has total control of all things :D You can move up here and work in our area - it's growing and we need teachers. You'll just have to get used to saying "eh" instead of "huh" LOL! Keep us posted on how things go. Prayers are with you (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your take on this!!! When I saw the inspiration photos...I thought of you and this one as well :) LOVE the white and blue...very serene :) Yuck on the staff meeting...especially when you're getting ready for Open House...hang in :) I'm sending wishes your way that some wonderful position with kids that need you will come up...we need MORE teachers, not less, but, hey, who are we? I always think it's funny (sad funny) that those making the money decisions rarely come into the classrooms and talk to us or the kids...your positive attitude is inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The monochromatic look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!
    So fun to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete