Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #103

Good evening (night!). I'm sneaking in tonight with a late post so that I can play along with Papertrey's release challenges. Nichole issued a color challenge to us all tonight and we only have one day to complete it! Eek! I'm hoping to have some more time tomorrow afternoon/evening to make a few more cards for the challenge, but I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing one tonight before bed. :)
This color combo was from Maile Belles. So soft and gorgeous, isn't it? It immediately made me think of a baby card (what doesn't these days?!), and that's what it ended up being. Four out of the five college roommates are getting together this weekend to have a baby shower for J (one of the four). I've been needing a card to go along with my gift and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to whip one up. Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch also worked wonderfully with this card. I'm so glad to have that big circle with a rectangle on top! Phew! lol

I stuck with some twine in lieu of ribbon, and stamped the horizontal panel with some Crushed Curry and Text Style. I love the subtle effect that the yellow created! The buttons are also Harvest Gold (isn't that swirly one amazing?!).

Thanks all from me! It's off to bed. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Itty Bitty Blessings
Paper- Kraft, Fine Linen, Pretty Pastels dp, Distressed Dots
Ink- Plum Pudding, Crushed Curry
Accessories- twine, buttons, nestabilities, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the colours and I'm loving the twine instead of the ribbon. Ahhhh, have my Kristina card fix now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous...love that scalloped/flower button :) You've had lots of baby cards to make for sure :)

    ReplyDelete