Monday, February 7, 2011

Viva la Verve!

In case you missed it... THE PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!! Yay!

Ah, this week's Viva la Verve sketch spoke to me the moment I saw it. I know what colors, dp, and stamps I wanted to use. Love it when that happens! I stuck with a brown and aqua color scheme, some brown stitching, scrunched ribbon, and buttons.

I really wanted some aqua jewels to put next to the sentiment, but I seemed to only have the colors of the rainbow on hand. So, when in doubt, color a clear jewel with a copic marker! I love this little trick... It's a guaranteed winner every time I need to match a color.

I'm still recovering from the Superbowl yesterday. Wasn't that a great game?! Even if you weren't voting for a specific team, you have to admit that it was a great game... Tense until literally the last minute. My little buzz off of the Packers' win is still with me. :) I couldn't wait to go to school today and brag to my little Viking's fan that Green Bay won the Superbowl. He may be a six-year-old, but this is serious business! Lol


I leave you with a photo of myself, my cousin D, and my little cousin Micah (isn't he adorable?!) on Superbowl Sunday. I apologize for the blurriness... The picture is off of my phone.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Accent Notes
Paper- Dark Chocolate, Very Vanilla, October Afternoon dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- ribbon, buttons, tea dye stains, dimensionals, nestabilities, jewels, copic marker, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Kristina, this card is just lovely! I love the color combo and it never dawned on me to color my rhinestones with my copics! Neat trick! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that wide zigzag stitch! These are perfect colours together...love the gathered ribbon and coloured bling :) I was thinking of you all day Sunday and knew you'd be so thrilled and excited about your team!! Woot, woot!!

    ReplyDelete