Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mojo Monday

Good afternoon! It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in So Cal. Wish you were here! We're dancing right around 70 degrees for what could be the last time for a while. We're actually expecting a tiny bit of rain tomorrow and then will dwell in the 60s for a while (which I'm sure sounds GREAT to a whole lot of you, lol).

It was so nice out today that the roomie and I decided to have a little car washing party. My car was absolutely covered in tree pollen from the trees around my school and it was driving me crazy. Have I mentioned that I am quite allergic to tree pollen? It's been a lovely few weeks....


Other than running a few errands this morning, it's been a lazy day around the house, with lots of stamping time. And more stamping time equals more time to play with new dp! I pulled out my new October Afternoon Seaside dp to go with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. When I saw that little bow embellishment on the top of the circle I immediately knew I wanted to nix it, lol. I know, I know... I usually love bows! Something might seriously be wrong with me. But this was one of those moments when I had something else in mind, like a little balloon. :)

I stamped the balloons from Birthday Bash onto some dp and popped up the smaller of the two. Some fun ribbon treatment, a few light green jewels, and a lacy nestie and this card was coming together nicely! It might even pass for a masculine card.... And I can't remember the last time I made one of those!

I hope your Saturday is giving you a chance to relax a bit. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Birthday Bash
Paper- Spring Moss, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, October Afternoon Seaside dp, Haiku dp
Ink- Night of Navy
Accessories- ribbon, nestabilities, dimensionals, jewels

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the balloon in lieu of the bow. Fabulous DPs and great use of the mojo sketch! Enjoy the sunshine for me! I'm growing webbed feet as I type - ugh!

    ReplyDelete