Monday, January 10, 2011

Viva la Verve!

Good morning! I have another Viva la Verve card to share with you today. I'm attempting to get all caught up before I fall hopelessly behind in the first month of challenges, lol! I absolutely love this week's sketch by Charmaine. The layers, the ribbon.... It's a recipe for a gorgeous card.

I was feeling the purples when I made this card, and that's exactly what happened.

I pulled out some purple dp and started to mix-n-match. I have a few little cousins with birthdays coming up, so this will probably go to one of them. I added lots of little purple jewels to the sentiment, added tons of tea dye staining, and a little stitching around the border.

I'm off to book club after work this evening. I'm so excited to discuss our book from this last month, Room. It was an intense, but strangely enjoyable read. As a person whom works with kids day in and day out, observing how the son in this story was raised through the extreme hardships, was fascinating! My mom recommended this book to me, and I couldn't help but recommend it for my book club. It is definitely going to be an interesting discussion.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Mat Stack 2 Collection, Verve: Birthday Bash
Paper- Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Whisper White, Pretty Pastels dp, Bitty Dots dp, Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather dp
Ink- Plum Pudding
Accessories- ribbon, tea dye stains, dimensionals, Mat Stack 2 Die, circle punches, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, sewing machine, buttons

3 comments:

  1. Darling card and great use of the sketch, Kristina! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the purples too and think it's fun I know where all your dp comes from!! LOL...we have very similar paper tastes :) Have fun at your book club :) Sounds like a very good book..a real "thinker."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL, Kristina!! I loove all that purple, makes me giddy!!!

    ReplyDelete