Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #101

Good morning! It's a beautiful morning, despite being Monday, lol. It's a nice, short week at work thanks to a staff development day on Friday. I still have to work all five days, but Friday is kid-free! I hate to admit it, but I do enjoy the staff development days... The time to catch up with fellow teachers, soak in some good teaching practices, and of course the little treat of going out to eat for lunch isn't bad. ;)


My card today uses Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch from yesterday. I have a few ideas for this sketch and some future cards, but for the meantime it worked wonderfully for this little ditty. One of our neighbors hosted a street social on Friday evening, inviting a bunch of the neighbors from our street for a meet and greet at their house. My roommate and I went over planning to just stay for 30 minutes or so, and ended up spending almost 2 1/2 hours chatting! We have some wonderful neighbors and it was great to get to know so many more of them! The neighborhood now has elaborate plans to have a progressive dinner so we can see the insides of every house.

I received some new dp in the mail over the course of last week, which included this MME Fine & Dandy dp. LOVE the colors in this dp pad! They made this card so bright and cheery. I used some brown stitching around the bottom panel, added a frame of glitter around the oval, and a few jewels under the sentiment. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out. Pictures never do this gorgeous aqua color justice.

Thanks all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Love Birds, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Kraft, Whisper White, Orange Zest, Sage Shadow, MME Fine & Dandy dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Orange Zest
Accessories- ribbon, glitter, glue pen, sewimg machine, dimensionals, nestabilities, jewels

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful set of colours and DPs. Loving the pops of orange and that cute bird cage. Where you in the service on Sunday? Oh my....I listened on line on Monday and had tears STREAMING down my face as I watched the baptisms and sang with the worship team. Powerful and simply amazing. Even sent Jeff an e-mail thanking him for preaching the whole gospel and Christ crucifies. Filled my soul for the week! Some day hope to actually be able to attend in person (great excuse to get the kids to Disneyland!!) Hey, if I do that, maybe I can meet YOU in person too and get a personal tour of Disney from a pro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! Great job. And what a fun event to hang out with neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, I just used this set for the first time too...isn't it the cutest? I love the dies!! and stamping the cute little birdies in different colours :) Love your paper choices :)

    ReplyDelete