Friday, January 28, 2011

Fall to Layout

Good morning! It's a staff development today, so I'm kid-free, but still at work. I'm hoping the training sessions I get to attend are wonderful, inspirational, and full of tools I can take right back to my classroom on Monday! Those kinds of days are the BEST!


While I'm sitting and listening, here is a little card to share with you. I was so excited to play along with Maureen's Wild and Wacky Color Challenge from a few days ago. For once, the colors were a breeze to play with. I love the mix of mellow tones, and a little gray thrown in for good measure. I also used last week's Fall to Layout sketch for a little inspiration help with the layout. That big back panel and the multitude of colors gave me the chance to pull out my lately-neglected Giga Guide Lines stamp set. I didn't have any Smokey Shadow ribbon on hand, so I cheated and colored some seam binding ribbon with a copic marker. I stamped the Cranberry Crisp onto the Lavender Moon cardstock, added a whole lot of scarlet jewel and plum pudding colored rhinestones for a little pop of bling. And since this is a Maureen challenge, I had to throw a button in there as well for the "buttons and bling!" ;)

Thanks for another fun one and some GREAT colors, Maureen! And Happy Friday to everyone!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Giga Guide Lines
Paper- Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, Smokey Shadow, Whisper White, Scarlet Jewel
Ink- Cranberry Crisp, Plum Pudding
Accessories- jewels, copics, button, seam binding ribbon, nestabilities, dimensionals, medium scallop die (PTI)

1 comment:

  1. Love how you worked these colours, Kristina :) The BG image is wonderful as is the bling around the sentiment panel. Fabulously done.

    ReplyDelete