TGIF! This week flew by, and yet it felt absolutely insane. I am most definitely one tired teacher. We're in that
insane wonderful run to Open House (T-minus 26 days and counting!) where I work the kids like a slave driver crazy person. We're writing, crafting, creating, studying, observing.... It's crazy in my room right now!
1. Firstly, to go along with the new car, I treated myself to a new iPod nano. I haven't purchased an iPod since my first generation way back in 2002! My, how times have changed. This thing is TINY! And it's Bluetooth capable... Which means I literally just set it in my car and it starts playing through my sound system. No wires or connections need. Not to mention that is has more memory that my much larger iPod. Technology is tripping me out!
2. We are celebrating Teach Appreciation Day a wee bit early at my school. The 2nd-5th graders have state testing for the next two weeks, so as not to disturb their learning environment, we had the festivities this week! We were spoiled rotten with treats in the lounge (mostly breakfast items, fruit, and drinks) each morning, treated to a PTA lunch on Thursday, and the kids all brought in flowers on Tuesday! So much fun! Every time I walk by my desk it smells INCREDIBLE!
3. I may or may not have read a book in one day. And that may or may not have involved staying up until 1 a.m. on a school night... I may be paying for it today. I have a problem. Hi. My name is Kristina and I am addicted to books. I love, love, love to read. My book club is currently re-reading "The Great Gatsby" in preparation for the movie's release next month. I snuck in a tiny little break to read the sequel to a fun young adult novel that I read about a year ago. I'm a sucker for a princess love story. :)
4. I survived our first field trip of the year to the LA Zoo. And I only wanted to
kill, physically harm, end one student's field trip. Not a bad day! I most definitely crashed afterward immediately upon sitting on my couch. Why is it that field trips just suck all the energy out of us?
5. The details for my June trip to England are nearly complete! Everything is booked, reserved, tickets are purchased, itinerary is getting locked into place. So excited! 51 days until takeoff!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!