We've only got to hang on for 27 more days, guys! 27!!!
1. My classroom is absolutely crawling with critters right now. In addition to our tadpoles (see post #2), our caterpillars, ladybug larvae, and praying mantis egg all arrived over the weekend. The caterpillars are growing like weeds, as usual. I have an awful feeling that they are going to be butterflies WAY before Open House. I'm hoping I can steal one of my teammate's butterflies since we'll likely have to let ours go before the 22nd.
2. Tadpoles! These guys have been in our room for a few weeks now, but this little guy decided to sprout his first front leg yesterday afternoon! Of course, as luck would have it, he waited until AFTER the kids had gone home to do so. I happened to be around still and snapped a picture of our three-legged frog to show the kids. And then, sure enough, his other one had sprouted sometime over night. He is officially a froglet!
|New leg on the left side!|
3. It's hot. I'm grumpy. I want winter/spring cool weather back. Teaching PE in this ridiculous heat is the pits. "They" say it's only supposed to be like this for one more day, though. We'll see if "they" are right...
4. This is my best friend's new little girl. I am absolutely DYING to meet her and am working on booking some plane tickets to fly up to see her later this month. Yay!
5. My mom is here for the weekend, and we're off to get thoroughly pampered tomorrow. Hair cuts, a little shopping, dining out... And then my cousin's baby shower on Sunday! So excited to spend some time with my mom!
Thanks so much for stopping by!