So glad it's Friday, but kind of stressing already about all of the work I have to do this weekend. Only 12 more days to Open House!
1. Classroom creatures update! Our ladybug larvae have officially entered their third stage of life and are happily all curled in their pupae. I'm expecting to come back and find them all as ladybugs on Monday... Wonder if they'll survive until Open House on the 22nd? Our two tadpoles are doing wonderfully. My little three-legged friend sprouted his fourth leg and is quickly looking a whole lot more like a frog than a tadpole. Tadpole #2, well, he's taking his sweet, precious time. Mr. Froglet even climbed out of the water for the first time today... AFTER the kids had gone home, of course. All caterpillars are in their chrysalises. And not a praying mantis nymph to be seen yet... One of these days it's going to burst open with hundreds of them, I just know it...
2. We finished up our Mother's Day gifts! We made MissKindergarten's adorable purses and they turned out great! My favorite page is always when they have to compare their mom's height to an object, and then guess her weight! "My mom weighs 49 pounds." What mom wouldn't love that?!
3. Open House is in 12 days and this is what my walls currently look like! Stress and panic!!! I spent some serious time working on walls and assembling books after school ended today.
4. My license plates came for my new car in the mail this week. Sad day. The new car doesn't feel so new anymore. At least it still SMELLS new!
5. We studied antonyms this week in class and had a blast! We took off our shoes to trace some "an-toe-nyms," read a few stories, and I even whipped up a quick bingo game. I called a word and the students had to mark the antonym. Hope you can use it, too!
Thanks for stopping by!