Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #143

Good afternoon! It's an absolute knockout of a day here in So Cal. Highs in the upper 60s, sunny with big, puffy clouds here and there. Heavenly! And here I am, cooped up inside working on report cards. Something is seriously wrong with this picture...


Photobucket


I did manage to procrastinate a wee bit more on finishing up my report card comments to play along with today's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I love all of the squares! I knew exactly what papers I wanted to use, and went straight to my collection of verses from Verve. I found this poor little verse that had yet to see ink, and it called my name. I thought about putting a little butterfly in the corner, but I didn't have one small enough. Time for some MS punch shopping?!

I used my tea dye stains to create some shading around the square, leaving the nestie in place to leave a white frame. A slot punch allowed me to run the ribbon through the square and tie a bow, making it look a bit like a present. A beautiful present.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I really have to get back to finishing up these report card comments. Tomorrow it's back to work, but without students. It's just a work day. A day to do whatever needs to be done in our classrooms, with our grade levels, on the copy machine, etc. Truly, one of the best days of the year!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Ecc. 3:11
Paper- Kraft, Whisper White, My Mind's Eye Darling Dear dp
Ink- Kiwi Kiss
Accessories- ribbon, slot punch, nestabilities, pearls, tea dye stains, sewing machine, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, yummy papers - love the colours. You aced Karen's sketch too. Love those lacy nesties to bits. Good luck getting the rest of the report cards done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. I LOVE the orange ribbon! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, was so happy to see a card from you!! I have to laugh that you made some during report card writing...when you really should be too busy!! LOL We actually have report writing delayed...we are in the middle of job action (our contract with the province has expired and so we are putting pressure on them to settle with us), so no supervision and report cards...but we'll eventually have to write them...it's actually been great as we will be moving into the new house soon. I love your papers and that fabulous verse!! Ah, beautiful! Enjoy your day!! Those are the best...quiet and reflective :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would looove to see you in my neck of the woods!! Squeal!! BC is a beautiful province (okay, I could be a little biased LOL) with LOTS of green and some amazing sights and fun things to do - as well as some good LSS's around here! I could be your tour guide :) Not too hot up here either ;) Hope the plans come to fruition sooner than later.

    Sorry to hear Jeff came home sick - almost to be expected based on the schedule he keeps while down there I'm sure. Look forward to listening in. Taught the 5/6 Sunday School class today and as on Joshua 1 - 4 and how God didn't want Joshua to do any planning re: battles but rather to meditate on the Laws and to model being in the Word to the Israelites. Great lesson! Have a fabulous week (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete