Monday, February 4, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch

Good morning!

THE RAVENS WON THE SUPER BOWL!

Just needed to get that out of my system.

I was intrigued by all of the variegated flags on this week's Deconstructed Sketch and thought I would give it a try.  I pulled out some coordinating dp, cut a few strips, adjusted the widths, and hand cut the flag tips since I had used custom widths instead of dies.

I played around with the sentiment panel's shape a bit. I originally started with an oval, like the sketch, but didn't like the look with the sentiment I wanted to use. So, scratch the sentiment, grabbed a new panel shape, and all ended well. I think.  I ended up added a third frame around the sentiment using glitter to make it stand out a little more amidst the sea of flags.

I also played around with the twine/ribbon in the background for a good while.  I didn't have a twine that really worked (hmmm... Maybe time for some shopping?!), so I ended up with this little scrap of silk ribbon that I have. I love the soft look that it created. I made a double bow to give it a little more dimension. One bow was really small and kind of lonely looking on the card.

I'm psyching myself up for a late evening at work today making sure the room is ready for my sub for the next two days.  I'm mostly done, but the perfectionist in me worries about every little detail.  What if I forget something?  What if I didn't mention something in my plans? What if I neglected to set out one little tiny thing that will end up being huge to a sub?! AH!  I need to let it go.  She's an adult. She'll figure it out, I know.  But I still want it to be perfect.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Signature Greetings
Paper- Soft Stone, Whisper White, Vintage Violet, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline: Fiddlesticks
Ink- Vintage Violet
Accessories- silk ribbon, glitter, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, Kristina! The papers are yummy and love the ribbon treatment. Well done! I'm sure your sub will be blown away about how organized everything is :) Yeah for your Superbowl win too! From a blow out to a lights out to a win - loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 this card! i think when we do our stamp date, you'll have to go easy on me... :) start me off slow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I really like the soft colors of the patterned paper against the white, it makes for a very elegant look! I'm so glad you were able to join us for DS87!

    ReplyDelete