Saturday, February 16, 2013

Viva la Verve

Good morning! Oh how blissfully happy I am to have a four day weekend!  I know I've been out of the classroom for 6 of the last 9 school days for a Common Core training, but good golly! My brain is TIRED! I can't think anymore.


Obviously, the perfect solution for break deadness is making cards. :)

I pulled up this week's Viva la Verve sketch and immediately formed a plan in my head. A very monochromatic plan in my head.  I knew I wanted to use some flowers from Joyful Blooms (hooray for the awesome matching dies!) and decided to pull out some plum pudding card stock to give the winter wisteria a little bit of contrast. I embossed them with clear ep and then popped up the larger of the two with dimensionals.

The bow was calling for a gorgeous bow/button/twine combo and thank goodness I had ordered some lilac twine a month or so back!  The sentiment is a Plain Jane and I added some lavender pearls under them to make it pop just a wee bit more.

Hooray for finishing another Viva la Verve card!

I'm off to go help a friend get moved into her new apartment today!  The process of moving and unpacking, as we all know, is miserable. But the company of good friends not only makes the process faster, but definitely more fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Joyful Blooms, Everything Plain Jane
Paper- Soft Stone, Winter Wisteria dp pack, Plum Pudding
Ink- Versamark, Winter Wisteria
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, clear ep, dimensionals, nestabilities, pearls

3 comments:

  1. Way to rock the purple!! Fabulous take on the sketch! Polka dots and flowers and Verve - I'm swooning :) Blessings to you for helping your friend move - you are right the company makes the process fun and can created some fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty in purple! Love the polka dots and bakers twine...it's become one of my obsessions to have it in every colour! Ah, moving :( I still have memories of ours though it's been over a year. Friends definitely make it more fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! Love the purply polka dots!

    ReplyDelete