Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mojo Monday

Good afternoon! Winter is officially rearing it's head again here in So Cal, and the rain is a-comin'. It rained for a while last night, and much bigger storm is on its way in as we speak. We're expecting around 5 inches of rain tomorrow. FINE by me! I am so looking forward to getting a day or two of relief from my spring allergies. I love spring, but I dread it every year.

I absolutely love this week's Mojo Monday sketch and was anxious to sit and play this morning. Cruising through the blog world for inspiration highlighted one trend this week: Think Spring. Spring colors, flowers, light and airy cards.... They were everywhere! As much as I love spring, the flowers blooming, planting my veggie garden, I have to admit that I'm still enjoying winter. I dread the end of spring because it means the summer heat is just around the corner. Ugh. And since tomorrow is the first day of spring, I guess it was permissible to create a spring-y card. :)

Babies are still on the brain in my studio, lol. Another one of my college roomies just called a week ago to tell us that she and her husband are expecting their first baby in October! Yay!! It truly is the "baby" season in my life right now. So many of my friends are starting their families, and I couldn't be having a more wonderful time cuddling all their little bundles of joy!

I pulled out another new doily die, did some sponging, popped up the cute little giraffe, and added some flag sentiments to finish of the card. Nice and cheery. :) I think A&B in Pittsburgh will love this little burst of spring amidst all of their snow.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: To the Moon
Paper- Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, MME's Stella and Rose Mabel dp
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories- ribbon, jewels, nestabilities, PTI doily die, sewing machine, corner rounder punch, dimensionals, copics, sponge

2 comments:

  1. aw, this is just adorable!! love the little scarf on him :) I was using this exact same set today!! LOL even used that sentiment as well, although i love the way you separated them :) We had snow flurries this morning, but still have warmer temps than a few weeks ago...I'm on spring break now for a week, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the orange and yellow and that raffie is beyond cute!! I may have to cave and get that set yet LOL!

    LOVE how you did the sentiment panel and the polka dotted scarf :) Fabulous card as always! Maybe our rain has finally decided to head south for a change! SO sick of it up here...moss has taken over the back yard because of the wet, wet winter we have had.

    Sooo ready for spring, but that darn bunny ate my sprouting crocuses right down to the dirt!! Have any good rabbit recipes?!! It he even thinks of touching the tulips it is all out war!!

    BTW, got the Amidah from the website :) Found out there is a new one and I was on the old one still. Can't wait to use it! Have a fabulous weekend (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete