Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sketch For You To Try

Good morning! I finally had the opportunity to sit and play with this month's Sketch for You to Try this morning (along with baking a banana cake!). I used some more of MME's Stella and Rose Gertie dp on this card and pulled all of my colors from the paper. I colored the image with my copics, covered the cherries and strawberries with some diamond glaze, and used some diamond stickles to added some shimmer to other little bits of the picture.

Sorry to keep this post so brief, but there are a million things that I need to take care of today. It was a crazy week at work, when it was supposed to be an easy week. Every big event ended up being cancelled due to the lousy weather (field trip, jog-a-thon, and hour-long disaster drill). Needless to say, I was stressing over lesson plans where none existed; filling entire days and hours with plans at the last minute. Crazy! I'm so glad it is the weekend.

I promise to have more for you tomorrow- cards AND words, lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Stampendous: Tiers of Treats
Paper- Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, MME Stella and Rose Gertie dp
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, slot punch, copics, tea dye stains, dimensionals, diamand glaze, stickles, pearls, button, twine

2 comments:

  1. oh, I love how the treats sparkle :) And your banana bread sounds delicious! I just finished making 2 lasagnas...one to freeze and one to eat this week :) It takes just as long to make 2 as 1 so if I do everything from scratch, I always make two :) LOVE the papers you are using...gorgeous!! Hope this week is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of Jen's sketch. Love the DPs and the glaze on the goodies on the tray - reminds me of high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria :) You are getting to be a pro with those Copics too!

    Sorry to hear about the upsets last week. Hopefully you rested up a bit this weekend and this next week will be much smoother so you can glide into Spring Break :)

    ReplyDelete