Saturday, March 12, 2011

Viva la Verve!

Good evening! I've known for a day or two that the first sketch I needed to play with this weekend was the new Viva la Verve sketch. Why, you ask? Because it is Maureen's sketch debut!!! Julee even managed to dig up a great little shamrock image for the sketch layout.

Unfortunately, I don't have have any shamrock stamps, embellishments, and I don't even own a heart punch to create my own... Something that may need to be remedied in order to remain friends with Maureen. ;)

Instead, I chose to work with this Irish Blessing from the Verve set, Blessings. It makes the most beautiful wedding cards. Add in some new dp from MME's Stella and Rose Mabel, and this card came together relatively quickly. I had a little trouble with the ribbon placement and size due to the sentiment being so wide. I fudged it a little bit from the sketch.... Shh! Don't tell! Instead of a shamrock, I used another dainty paper flower with a button in the middle. I added some platinum stickles around the edge to give it just a little bit of shimmer. The scallops felt a little lonely once the card was said and done, so I snuck on a row of pearls at the last minute to jazz them up.

LOVED the sketch this week, Maureen! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves in the months to come!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Blessings
Paper- Really Rust, Vintage Cream, MME Stella and Rose Mabel dp
Ink- Tangerine Tango, Really Rust
Accessorie- ribbon, button, nestabilities, tea dye stains, pearls, stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment