Monday, March 21, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #109

Good morning and happy second day of spring! It's back to the work grind for me this morning, in the rain. Fortunately, we have a staff development today, so the kids won't be trapped indoors all day with me. Those poor little guys always get so stir crazy when they are trapped inside of a classroom all day with no way to get all of their energy out. The rain is supposed to stop sometime later today, and tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful.


We're back to some wonderful 90 degree corners with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch from yesterday. Thank goodness! I don't have quite the hate/hate relationship with circles anymore like I used to, but I still would only label it as a love/hate relationship, lol. Having nothing but corners was so nice. So many of my cards lately (which usually follow a sketch) have had a circle of some sort on them.

As soon as I saw that rectangle image panel, I knew I wanted to pull out my Miracle Blossoms. This oldie, but goodie never lets me down. I used some more new dp (Is it just me, or is there a plethora of new dp out there?!) on this card, mixing a few companies. After coloring the tulips blossoms with my copics, and highlighting with a little bit of white gel pen, I popped up each blossom on a dimensional.

That's all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Miracle Blossoms
Paper- Kraft, Whisper White, Simply Chartreuse, Echo Park Little Girl & Walk in the Park dp
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- ribbon, medium scallop die (PTI), pearls, sewing machine, copics, white gel pen, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. oh, I love the bright colours!! I just love this time of year with colours creeping out of the yellow and brown landscape (at least here!! lol) and the little tulips are so sweet :) I love professional days so even though you're not on Spring Break ;) I know you'll have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I just saw that you won last week's Mojo!! Way to go!! I loved that card and the fabulous paper :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours - poor orange tends to get a bad wrap but I love it LOL! Great use of the sketch and Copics :) Enjoy your Pro D day.

    ReplyDelete