Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch #130

Good morning! I think I am literally about 1 minute too late in posting this card, lol. Oh well! I still had a lot of fun playing around with this last week's Sweet Sunday Sketch. Inspiration came from the plethora of new dp that arrived on my porch yesterday. I mean, really, why is there so much AMAZING dp out there right now?! It all calls my name. It's a sickness. But one I so willingly indulge. :)

Photobucket



I went with a rather muted color palette pulled straight from the new, amazing, perhaps a new favorite, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Breeze dp. Browns and teals and greens and rusts, oh my! Since this was such a muted card, I went with the "Feel Better" sentiment. It'll make someone smile someday.

I'm enjoying my final weekend before school starts back up. It was gloriously cool this morning and I have been sitting and stamping with all of the windows and doors open. Heaven. Of course, because school starts on Thursday, it will be hotter than stink that day. The current forecast was just dropped, however, from 100F to 91F. I'll take what I can get! Gotta love those hot and sweaty kids!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Life, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Teracotta Tile, MME Lost & Found Breeze dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Really Rust
Accessories- twine, jewels, copic marker, circle punches, nestabilities, tea dye stains, scallop edge punch, corner rounder punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. MME has some absolutely amazing DPs - love the all. Just wish I had the budget for them all! Darn water main issue has put a BIG cramp in any stamping purchases. Good thing I was the Guest Diva for the last Verve release as that entire release is amazing! Enjoy your last week before school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love the color combo you used. Enjoy your time off before school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, my I spy lots o' gorgeous paper on all these posts!! So glad you had time to get inky this weekend before school starts. We start 2 weeks Tuesday...we are know living with dad for 2 months until the new house is ready. Hopefully before the first set of report cards!! All the best this week...oh, I remember how tired I get the first month!! LOL

    ReplyDelete