Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mojo Monday on a Sunday- Take 2

I was a bad girl this morning and slept in. I'm just weary... Not that I need more sleep, but the emotional weariness. I think I might need to bake something later today. ;)

I did take a little time this morning to create a last minute card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I was intrigued by those two rectangular panels, and really wanted to play with them a little bit. Plus, my Bloom & Grow dp has been calling my name. For the rectangular panels, I stamped the vine from PTI's Beyond Basic Borders. Then I stamped a teapot from Tea for Two, cut it out, and popped it up on dimensionals.

I really like the warm feel of this card. It's almost a monochromatic... except for that little hint of green ribbon. I thought the "sheerness" of it added a nice subtle touch. I'm in desperate need to thank you cards at this time of year for teacher gifts, parent helper gifts, staff gifts, you name it. So, forgive the excessive appearance of thank you cards for the next few days!

In addition to some necessary "melancholy mood" baking, I have to pick a a few more tubs to store my classroom supplies in until I can find a new job. I also need to make something for dinner... Hmmm... maybe some yummy comfort food!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Beyond Basic Borders, Tea for Two
Paper- Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, My Mind's Eye dp- Bloom & Grow
Ink- Tangerine Tango
Accessories- brads, ribbon, dimensionals, nestabilities, cb

1 comment:

  1. Your card is very nice. I love all things tea- teapots and tea cups! I haven't made any cards like that yet, but I have been collecting the stamps, so I can make some. I like the way you snuck the little bit of green in there. That was a nice touch. This was actually my very first SCS challenge, and if you want to see my card my blog (just getting started on it) is located at: http://aoneofakinddesignbyrachel.blogspot.com/I haven't been to your blog before, but I'll be back. TFS! Rae

    ReplyDelete