Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #16

Good evening. I whipped up this simple card so that I could play along with Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. She put together another fun sketch for us. The moment I saw the sentiment location, I knew I wanted to use one of my metal plate frame thingies. And yes, that is the technical term.

I needed this card to be quick, simple, and capable of being complete with mainly one hand. I fell last week and hurt my elbow and still have very limited use of my left arm. It's doing a little better today, so I thought I try my luck with making a card. We'll see if I pay for it later tonight or tomorrow. It also takes a lot longer to type with on hand instead of two.... grrr....

Thus, there was no cutting, no ribbon, nothing complicated on this card. I literally put this card together in about 20 minutes. Now that's a {sweet} card! The color combo was inspired by my lovely roommate's raiding of my ribbons the other day for a project of her own! She was going through all of my green ribbons (boy, I have a lot) and I thought it would be a great color combo for a new card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Scattered Showers
Paper- Whisper White, PTI- Mellow Moss, Bitty Dots dp
Ink- Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories- buttons, twine, metal plate thingy (ha!), brads

3 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for a uni-color card. It looks so good! The frame and the metal tag...Excelent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have done so beuatiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am going to have to get this set - every card I've seen with it is BEAUTIFUL! I love this card - the colors are gorgeous and I really like the metal frame and offsetting buttons - too cute!

    ReplyDelete