Saturday, March 7, 2009

Verve Release Sketch

I love when new stamps are released. There is a whole sense of anticipation of seeing what I could use to create something beautiful!

This card was created in honor of one of my favorite stamp companies, Verve. Julee posted a sketch challenge for us all in honor of tomorrow's release. Here is the card that I whipped up this morning. I have to admit, it wasn't until after I had completed my card that I realized I had by border punch backwards! Oops! It was supposed to be on the patterned paper, not the solid. Oh well, too late now! I did lots of sponging on this card to give it a more rustic feel (and the white was just a little too bright by itself).

Does a verse ever just speak to you? This verse is the new motto for my life at the moment. I am a teacher in California, and just received my pink slip because of the mass lay-offs.... and I'm tenured. Scary. I truly just have to trust that God is in control and he does have the best in store for me! Easier said then done, no? I think I'm going to mail this card to my best friend who is also in the middle of a life change.

Supplies-
Stamps: Verve- Jeremiah 29:11
Paper: Craft, Whisper White, My Mind's Eye dp
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Petaloo flowers, sponge, MS punch, pearls, nestabilities, cb

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous. And I love the border punch! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I love the verse and the pearls are such a nice touch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete