Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Tripple Whammy

Wow. I'm not sure I've ever tackled three challenges at once. This may be a first for me. But that just goes to show you how crunched for time I am now that work has started back up. I had forgotten how moving to a new grade sucks up all of your free time, lol.

I tackled this week's Viva la Verve challenge. Instead of giving us a sketch this week, the twist was to create a "mini" card. It had to be smaller than the typical 4.25x4.25" card. Ok. Good thing I ordered some new small envelopes a few weeks ago!

Second, I took on Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. She gave us some awesome fall colors this week. I actually didn't use a fall themed card, but did embrace the colors. LOVE these colors together! I will definitely pull these ones out again and again. In fact, I do have a few more cards to crank out this weekend.... Hmmmm....

And thirdly, I took on Verve's Project Parade. The theme this month is Happiness for the Hostess. We were to make a little gift for a hostess instead of a typical bottle of wine, flowers, etc. I made a stack of cards and wrapped 'em up all pretty. I could easily slip these into a little gift bag with some tissue paper to dress them up even more.

I included three different sentiments on six different cards. They are nice and mini, measuring at 3"x3". Quick and easy. I think I whipped these babies up in

less than an hour. Yay me! I didn't have any thin chocolate chip ribbon, so I went with Kraft ribbon and added a chocolate button instead of a bow. I varied the twine up a little on each button for some variety. Hopefully the hostess that receives these will have a nice little collection to slip into lunch boxes, mailboxes, backpacks, etc.

I think my roomie and I are off to the Los Angeles County Fair today! Yay! They're having a special admission of $1 if we go before 1pm. Score! We love the fair- seeing the animals in the barn, cruising the vendors, drinking lemonade and icees, watching the horse races, wine tasting, funnel cakes (yum!), and the fun shows that happen. I always look forward to it every year.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy your long holiday weekend!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Circular Sayings
Paper- Kraft, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Bitty Dots dp (PTI)
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- scallop circle punch, circle punches, ribbon, buttons, twine, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. Kristina... these are so cute! Whoever receives these is going to love them! Hope you had fun at the fair! I love going to the fair!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an adorable little set, I luv the smaller cards....sweet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. this color combo was perfect for a fun set like this! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! You did great with all the challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, really love the layout you used! Aren't these colours just wonderful! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, Kristina! What a great hostess set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristina, I love this set with different sentiments. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, What Hostess wouldn't love them? I know I sure do

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty, Kristina. What a perfect gift set. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete