Saturday, September 26, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Wow! Does it feel good to be stamping again! I so missed it! I don't think a single stamp has touched ink in about two weeks now. Crazy!

But, I woke up this morning determined to tackle Amber's Viva la Verve sketch from last week. The twist was to create a black and white card. Now that's definitely something I don't usually do, and it was definitely stretching me. I like color! I don't even own any black and white dp. I did manage to find a scrap of some polka dot paper from PTI that I had buried in a pile. Phew! But the rest required background stamping.

I combined two Verve sets for this card: Bountiful Backgrounds and Budding Blossoms. I think those stripes may be one of my new favorite things... I wouldn't be surprised if they show up on my cards more often. hehe

I added some stardust stickles to the flower blossoms for a little bit of shimmer, and a few brads to the corner for something a little more visual (for lack of a better way of putting it).

Today's going to be a busy day! My mission today is to pack, pack, pack. We're moving a week from today, so things need to start getting ready. I am going to take a little break in the middle of the day to join some friends for stamp camp. So excited! More stamping today!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Budding Blossoms, Bountiful Backgrounds
Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Bitty Dots dp
Ink- Basic Black
Accessories- ribbon, black brads, stickles

3 comments:

  1. This is a great card Kristina... you should make more black and white cards!! I like color too so I know what you mean! I don't gravitate to non-color colors... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! I love how you used 2 stamp sets...it inspires me :) I tried using that stripe background to make a plaid background, but it didn't turn out quite right, although I was close. I didn't have time to play around with it. I think it will eventually work. Did you get some specialty paper? I'll have to wait and see. Have a fun afternoon! Good luck with the move...it will be so nice to be in your new place. Will your stamp area be bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina... this is GORGEOUS. I love the simplicity of the Black and White!!! just gorgeous.

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete