Monday, November 2, 2009

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #45

Good evening! I've been a busy little bee all weekend setting up my craft room. It so great to finally be healthy enough to finish unpacking, lol! There are still a couple of little finishing touches to be done, but all the big stuff is assembled, put away, ready to go. It's really fun actually having space for my stuff and having it organized and spread out. *sigh* I could get used to this!

We had a staff development day at work today, and they actually allowed us to use it as a work day! It was AMAZING! We had not one meeting, but rather the entire day was spent working in my classroom. I feel like I actually got a chance to get ahead rather than hanging on by the seat of my pants, or being behind. I so needed this day after being out so much to help get caught back up. It's just hard to work for hours after the kids go home... There's no more energy left. I wish we had these work days once a month... I think our productivity would greatly increase!

I'm just squeaking in with my card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch from last week. I've been eyeing the Cottage Wall dp from the SU catalog for a while now and finally bit the bullet and got it. So glad I did! This paper is gorgeous! And I think I'm on a bit of a purple trip right now... I think 6 out of my last 10 cards have been purple-themed. hehe

I popped up the entire center panel as well as the circle. I haven't found my scallop edge punch since moving (eek!), but I know it's somewhere around here. It definitely got packed. So, I pulled out my EK success punches instead. I felt like my circle was missing a little something, so I added some white gel pen to the scallops. And voila!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Tea for Two
Paper- Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, Cottage Wall dp
Ink- Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories- ribbon, white gel pen, nestabilities, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all is well :) I thought it was so funny that you got to go to Disneyland for fire works...I hope you realize how lucky you are!! I've only been 3 times in my life ;) I love days where you can just putter in the classroom...it sure makes a difference :) We only have one holiday left (our Remembrance Day) and 1 Professional day until Christmas. I love this paper!! Especially the bottom one :) I like purple too and feel it's under used by others!! LOL Take care and have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete