Sunday, November 29, 2009

Verve Release Challenge Card- B

Four down and one more to go! This second challenge was a sketch challenge, but with a little twist. It had to be some kind of "thankful themed" card. Well, that's easy! I definitely make more thank you cards than anything...

I immediately reached for one of my little single Verve thank you stamps I received in an order some months back. I love this little thing. Apparently, I was in the mood for brighter colors when making this card. I wasn't really sure what to do with those two horizontal lines... Those always throw me for a loop. I played around with a few things, but settled for some ribbon strips.

And I finally got my hands on the elusive apron lace punch! I think I've stopped in at every Michael's and Joann's within a 40 mile radius before finally locating it, lol. I just had to sneak it onto this card somehow!

I'm off to go finish that last card and prepare for school tomorrow. It's always so hard to get motivated after having so much time off. But I am excited to fly through the next few weeks. There are so many holiday projects to do, glitter to glue, etc. And this week is parent conferences. We have minimum days all week, but I'll be there for hours afterward each day meeting with parents. Hopefully nothing is too much of a surprise to them. :) I always get nervous in the hours leading up to conferences, but once they start I slip right into my role and they're a breeze. But I'm still anxious to be over and done with them. :)

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thankful Thoughts, Filigree Fantasy
Paper- Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket dp
Ink- Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides, More Mustard
Accessories- ribbon, apron lace border punch

5 comments:

  1. Oh, delicious paper!! I struggled with the two horizontal strips too...this is a great idea! Yay, apron lace punch!! It's my favourite right now. We had to order it online as there are no stores close by that sell it...Michaels only has the old Fiskar punches. I have one more challenge to go as well... the gift card one...I'm making it for my dh for Christmas :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun DP and a great sketch card. Love how you used the portion of the stamp in the corners of the sentiment panel. Those horizontal strips were very hard to work with for me as well.

    Glad you tracked that punch down -- it's on my hit list and will most likely have to be an on line order I think because it is non-existent around these parts too.

    Best of luck with the parent interviews. I know as a parent I really love going to them as it gives me a chance to get to know the teacher better as well as get some questions answered if I have any. Hopefully you have a good crew in your classroom this year and supportive parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, love the bright colors on your card :) good luck with the parent conferences. i know what you mean about getting nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour combo and your choice of embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm... GORGEOUSNESS! Love the paper, and the fabulous way you dressed up the sentiment with the filigrees. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete