Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #63

Holy smokes! I think this was officially the longest period of time that I have experienced with no stamping since I first started. I felt soooo wonderful to sit down this evening and get crafty again. :) I missed my paper and stamps and ribbon! February was absolutely crazy. I was either traveling over the weekends (Portland, Washington, Mammoth...), or playing hostess. School had a million and a half events going on which kept me at work very late more often than not and I was exhausted upon arriving at home. It was all good, but hectic as all get! If I can just get through this Friday, things (and life) will slow back down again.

I needed to make yet another baby card for a baby shower this Friday. One of my co-workers is expecting a baby boy in April and we're throwing her a shower before she goes out on maternity leave. I had this vision of two blues together, and Mercy's sketch worked really well for some fun Button Bits balloons!

I inked the edges of the white with my tea dye inks to dull the white down a bit. I also popped up the oval. Believe it or not, there is a little sentiment hiding in the bottom left corner. It says, "Sweet Baby." I tried to stamp it in Vintage Cream, but it was practically invisible. So a little black on top (which added a really neat 3-D effect with the cream barely peaking out!), and this card was complete.

On a more sad note, I was notified today that I will be receiving a pink slip yet again this year. I kind of figured it was coming... As terrible as California's economic woes were this time last year, they are ten times as bad this year. Especially for education. I am figuring at this point I have about a 30% chance of having a job next year. Being new to this district, I'm the bottom of the totum pole. Even if they only lay off middle and high school staff, if any of them possess multiple subject teaching credentials, they can bump me. It's just hard out there for all of us teachers right now. I've begun renewing all of my applications just in case, so that I can cover myself, but am also prepared for the worst. Any recommendations for a new state to come live in? lol In the meantime I'm going to enjoy my job and my kiddos, cherishing every moment, both good and difficult. I'm also going to start vigorously praying that God leads me to wherever I am supposed to be, and that he does so with neon, flashing lights so there's no doubt of which direction to head. :)

I think I might squeeze in one more card this evening before Lost starts. I missed last week, but was just told that they are going to re-air last week's episode at 8 tonight! I can't miss it again! :) Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Everyday Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Whisper White, Bitty Dots dp, In Bloom dp
Ink- Basic Black, Vintage Cream
Accessories- buttons, ribbon, nestabilities, tea dye inks

6 comments:

  1. so glad to see you back because i always love to visit your blog. so sorry to hear that you might lose your job again :( unfortunately it is happening everywhere. our district (in texas) is talking huge budget cuts. thankfully i don't expect to lose my job, but i'm anticipating larger class sizes next year. hang in there! GOD will have something in store for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love the button balloons Kristina! Terrific sketch card and the colors are wonderful too! I'm happy you've had a chance to get inky this week! So sorry to hear about your job, but think positive and hope for the BEST! Smiles, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card, Kristina and nice to see you posting :D Great colour combo and the balloons are darling. I'm sure your co-worker will love it :D

    Can't wait to play with Mercy's sketch. I watched about 40 hours of the Olympics Friday through Sunday (as well as a ton of hours prior to this past weekend) and am waaaay behind on a LOT of things, especially challenges and sketches LOL! However, I wouldn't trade it for anything as Canada had a simply amazing Winter Olympics!!! The atmosphere in Vancouver was simply electric. Going from never having won a gold when we've hosted to setting an all time record for golds won by any athlete in any Winter Olympics is quite something. Cherry on top was winning the gold in hockey!! Through I did feel bad for the US guys who were so dejected after playing a simply amazing game.

    So sorry to hear about your employment situation again this year...remember when you mentioned this last year. Maybe WA state would work - then you'd be closer to us up here :D In all seriousness, I pray you will sense God's leading and hand upon you as you trust Him to provide. Thoughts and prayers will be with you (((hugs))). Can't wait to see you next creation :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What up girlie! This is just gorgeous. I love the colors and adorable buttons on this one. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so missed your cards :) Welcome back...it does feel good to stamp after a long break...I'm hoping just to do some fun stamping next week during our break.

    So sorry to hear about work...it's the same way here...we have many schools closing due to declining enrollment and schools will be amalgamating. I'm old so I'm not affected, but the younger teachers will be. Hopefully, though, like it is here, many of them will be hired back in September...move here!! LOL But seriously, I pray that things will work out and you find a position close to your sweet pink house :)

    take care :)
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I simply love the colors you combined!

    I will definitely thinking about you and your wok situation, it can't be easy at all living in uncertainty.

    I saw you are reading "Handle with Care". I loved the book. The ending is very touching. Enjoy! I'm reading now Jodi Picoult's latest book, "House Rules".

    ReplyDelete