Sunday, March 7, 2010

Verve Release Challenge Card #4

Good afternoon! Here comes challenge #4 for Verve's March release. This one was to create a tag... Something I have never done before, lol. So, I just kind of jumped in with both feet. I don't have a cricut or slice, so I just used my Top Note die as my base. It's a little on the large side.... I think I would like it better (my tag, that is) if it was a little bit smaller.

And apparently I was in a pink mood, because this is definitely a monochromatic card... On the pink side. I embellished with some buttons, ribbon, and twine. Oh, and a little line of jewels. :) It's feeling a little empty up at the top, but I couldn't figure out what else to do. Again, I think if the whole tag had been a bit smaller this would have solved this problem. Oh well... Next time. But for now, I'm calling this one done!

It's been a pretty productive day so far. It's one of those rare days where I woke up determined to conquer the world, lol. I woke up at 7:30 on my own (weird!), got ready, went grocery shopping, baked a banana cake for a friend's birthday, washed all the dishes, and did a load of laundry.... All before 10:30. Not too bad! My roomie and I went off to church shortly after. After a yummy lunch at In-n-Out, I came home to conquer some more Verve (and another load of laundry, hehe). I'm slightly stumped on the final Verve challenge- to reuse something in the house and repurpose it in a craft manner. I don't really have anything laying around. Does repurposing paper scraps count, lol?!

Well, back to report cards for a little while, then off to have cake with my old college roomie. :) Banana cake with peanut butter frosting. Yum!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thanks
Paper- Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Vintage White, Pretty Pastels dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- ribbon, twine, buttons, apron lace punch, jewels, top note die, circle punch

5 comments:

  1. It's all about the details and you hit it out of the park! Great job with the Verve spring fling challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute, Kristina :D I hear you re: the last challenge! I was on a hunt in the basement for a while picking things up and thinking hum...nope...next....nope...next... maybe. Even hit the recycle box LOL! Finally found something I could work with. Phew! I'm not big on the tag thing either so this set of challenges have definitely been challenging!!

    LOVE your tag! Great idea to use that top note die. Get use of bling, Apron Lace punch, button, bow - all of it! You rocked this one, girl!! Can't wait to see what you came up with for the last challenge :D

    Glad you are rested up and trust you had a great time with your friends. I can relate to so much of what you do I am reliving my younger years through you LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty little tag. I could see this on a big bag that is all dolled up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous! Love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours and how you used the top note die for a tag...great idea!! You were very productive...I love days like that :)

    ReplyDelete