Monday, October 22, 2012

Retro Sketch

Good morning!  I'm still relishing in the cooler fall weather that has finally decided to move into our neighborhood. Hooray for cold, drizzly mornings and cool afternoons with gorgeous puffy clouds in the sky!

We're diving into all things Halloween this week in our classroom. At least art-wise.  We're still studying bears (so fun!) but throwing in a little holiday-themed crafting and writing to help our classroom feel a little more festive.  We've also begun rehearsals for our all-school Fall Sing performance.  First grade is singing "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?" LOVE that song! I remember listening to it and singing along with an old Dr. Demento tape that my family had.  And I just love hearing my little guys try and say "peculiar."  Too cute!


Therefore, I have a decidedly non-holiday themed card to share with you! Logical, right?!  I used this week's Retro Sketch and kept it pretty clean and simple.

I colored the little monster with my copic markers, added some glossy accents to his eyes, fussy cut it out, popped it up, and added some subtle shading with another copic marker around the edges.  Sweet and simple.  Some silk ribbon and a few little jewels gave it the perfect finishing touches.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- TE: Love Monsters
Paper- Kraft, Whisper White, Echo Park Everyday Eclectic
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, jewels, glossy accents, copic markers, dimensionals, MFT wonky scallop border die

 

6 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy :) I must confess it reminded me of a happy Plankton on Sponge Bob LOL! Great take on the sketch - loving the kraft base.

    Haven't heard that song - much look it up on You Tube. Sure they are absolutely adorable singing it! Have a great week enjoying the cool weather. We have 1C here...brrrrr!! I'm such a whimp in the cold LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love monster hugs! Cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, with perfect colors! Very refreshing at this time of year! Love that little monster. Bev : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is super duper cute!! :)

    Hugs,
    xx Tracey xx
    ♥My Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable. love that little monster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute cute card! I love this little guy!

    ReplyDelete