Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Verve's WCMD Challenge

I think we all know by now that I love me a good sketch. And when you mix that sketch with a challenge that included prizes, and the prizes are stamps, and the stamps are from one of my favorite stamp companies?  Well, you have there an absolute must of a challenge!

Enter Verve's World Card Making Day Challenge!  I know, WCMD was, oh, three or four weeks ago.  So,  I'm a little slow on the uptake.  I've had this sketch saved on my computer desktop for weeks now and finally figured out what to do with it. Darn circle in the middle and skinny flags had me running scared for a while there...  But no more!


Voila!

I am so smitten with this card! I'm definitely going to hoard it until the right person comes along. ;)

I pulled out my Doily Details die for the background circle, Verve's Classy Label Die, and come circle nesties to make the center focal piece.  The flags were created with my MFT Fishtail Flags dies.  Now that I study this card, I went a little die cut happy!  Have I sung my praises of the wonderfulness of die cuts to you recently?!  How I love them!  I love not having to cut something out. Cutting out by hand is right up there on my "least-favorite-things-to-do" list.  And that loathing grows even more intense when it comes to mass producing.  I am definitely one of those people where if a die exists for the stamp set, I own it.  It's a must in my book. Priorities.

Phew! Back on topic!

I used some double sided clear tape along the three skinny flags and then glittered them all up.  They are so incredibly sparkly in real life!  Darn camera can't quite capture that sparkle.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thanks For Caring Free Stamp
Paper- Smokey Gray, Whisper White, Smokey Gray Patterned Paper Pack, Echo Park Everyday Eclectic dp
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, glitter, PTI doily details die, Verve classy label die, nestabilities, jewels, MFT fishtail flag dies

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you posting cards regularly again! Missed my Kristina card fix :) Love your take on the sketch! Great colour combo and fabulous focal sentiment panel layering and detailing. Can see why you love this card so much :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those layered dies and that fabulous bow. Gorgeous card! Glad you got to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete