Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch

Good morning.  I decided to finally play along with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for the first time in I don't remember how long. *hangs head in shame*  I have so missed playing along!


I turned this week's sketch sideways to accommodate my sentiment. I really wanted to play with some fall colors and dp since the weather here in So Cal has finally decided to behave more like fall and less like summer. Thank goodness!  Now I'm in the mood for fall colors and decor.  It's hard to put up the fall leaves garland when it is 106F outside.

I stamped the sentiment in More Mustard, but then rolled the edges in some Really Rust to give it some dimension.  I wrapped some twine around two of the corners, added a little library clip and colored a few pearls with copic markers to match the cardstock.

I love fall!  I am heading up into the mountains to visit my parents this weekend.  At least that's what I told them. I'm really going for the fall colors peak.  Aspen trees in all their glory: oranges, yellows, reds...  I'm a happy girl.  That crisp air with a warm sun. Cold nights. Slippers! Oh, how I've missed wearing slippers!

Is it the weekend yet?

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Harvest Berries
Paper- Really Rust, Vintage Cream
Ink- More Mustard, Really Rust
Accessories- twine, library clip, tea dye stains, dimensionals, MFT fishtail flags die, pearls, copic markers

1 comment:

  1. Loving the color pallet you used - soooo love fall colours! Great take on the sketch too :) Enjoy your time in the mountains and enjoy some of the beauty for me!

    ReplyDelete