Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mojo Monday

It's another glorious June-gloomy day here. I LOVE IT! I could seriously take this everyday. If only it would last. Amy (my roommate) and I decided since we both had today off that we would make brunch together. I had some granny smith apples sitting on the counter, so we whipped up some apple blinis and bacon, with juice of course. So yummy! And such a great way to start the day!

We have a couple friends coming over for dinner and a fun movie tonight so this day is shaping up to be a great one! Quinn is on a vegan diet though, so I think we're sticking with a salad bar this evening to accommodate him. Fine by me after that filling brunch!

I also got a call from UPS today saying that my little gift to myself will be delivered tomorrow! I can't wait! I ordered myself a D-SLR over the weekend. I ended up getting the Canon Rebel XSi with an additional lens and I can't wait to break it in! Oh, and my new box of PTI goodies came in the mail yesterday! Lots of ribbon and buttons. Seriously, this week has been great!

I had some time today to play around with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I admit, this one scared me a little bit. That weird circle on top was throwing off my mojo. lol So, I did what I usually do when I am completely stumped by an element... cruise the Splitcoast boards! Lots of stars, flowers, buttons, circles, but none of that felt right to me. Finally, I found one where a big bow was used. Bingo! Button/bow combo, here I come!

I am loving my new pack of Washington Apple dp from Stampin' Up and decided it was time to play with it a little more as well. I pulled my main colors from the dp and launched from there. This is almost a Stampin' Up only card except for the button. I haven't made one of these in a looong time. I've had so much fun playing around with other stamp companies and finding what style of stamps I really do love. I think I'm finally getting into a groove.

I stamped the image in So Saffron and then sponged some Red Riding Hood around the tips of the flowers. I popped up the entire image panel with dimensionals.

In addition to making the card, I'm playing with a fun editing challenge today. Over on Kristina Werner's blog, she posted some great links to another blog with some photography editing tips. After reading through some tips on how to edit the light level in Photoshop, we can post a link to share our achievements! We are required to show a before and after shot. So here's mine!


And AFTER!
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- SU: Upsy Daisy
Paper- So Saffron, Red Riding Hood, Whisper White, Washington Apple dp
Ink- So Saffron, Red Riding Hood
Accessories- Lemon tart button (PTI), twine, ribbon, sponge, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty and great colors! I have gotten some goodies in the mail this week too and expect more tomorrow! I have a shopping problem!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love how the white really pops after editing! I have been looking at the same camera, I hope to get mine soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, and nice effect with color levels

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Kristina! Great job w/the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job with all the challenges! Your photo looks great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really nice card! TFS!

    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card, and the "after" shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, it's awesome! Don't you love that paper?

    ReplyDelete