Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Verve Release Challenge Card #5

All right. I know. I'm going out of order. But I love this sketch and was immediately inspired by it and had to follow the mojo. I'll jump backwards and finish the other ones now (with my least favorite/scariest being last). hee

I still had some of this dp sitting out from my card the other day and thought I would use up some more of it. It's so fun and I love the colors on it! I was a little scared there might be a little too much vertical striping/dots going on, but I think it mellowed out once that last layer made it onto the card. I kept the ribbon simple since there just wasn't room for that gorgeous bow/button/twine combo I'm obsessed with right now. I did add some brads to the corners and some stickles to the butterfly to make him sparkle a little bit. When I finished the card, the top corner just felt naked to me, but I couldn't figure out what embellishment to put there.... I finally just decided to paper pierce it, and tada! Perfect!

I also used Lisa Spangler's Scribble This Challenge with the pictures on this card. She has so generously been giving free photo editing tips on her blog and then posting a fun challenge where we can share our successes! This week we used the "sharpen" options in the filter tab. It makes the cards so crisp looking. I really like how it made the stickles stand out more on my butterfly. I'm definitely going to use this editing option again in the future. Thanks, Lisa!


Here is the card before I sharpened it in Photoshop Elements-


And after! Ta-da!


Ok. I know it's reeeaaally subtle, but I promise it is a lot clearer when the picture is zoomed in more. The first just has a softer, almost fuzzy, but not out of focus look to it. Kind of like if I had used a soft filter. The second is much more crisp and defined. Really. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Beautiful Kindness
Paper- Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Tangerine Tango, WeR Memory Keepers dp
Ink- Sage Shadow, Tangerine Tango
Accessories- brads, ribbon, dimensionals, stickles, paper piercer


1 comment: